Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am an avid airgun guy.... running on a zero budget.

So I have 2 airguns- well, sorta-

a 1377 crosman that has been modded beyond belief.

a propane-powered carbon-fiber barreled 8.2mm cal dart-shooter.

1377- ~800-900 FPS

8.2mm-~500-600 FPS.

Calculated with a rather interesting instrument called a ballistic pendulum.

Not very accurate, roughly 50 FPS+

I made wood grips for the 1377, modified the valve, pump, and action to take up to 25 pumps(origional says don't go above 10), and put a slightly longer barrel on it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am an avid airgun guy also.... running on a xxx budget. It's more like a disease of addiction for me than a sport. Have been shooting and collecting for about 45 years now. I lost count in the amount of Airguns I have now. This is my latest it's a KalibrGun Cricket 22 cal Bullpup about $2400.00 as seen.

P1011025_zpsa04c31e3.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes it is a PCP, and thank you !

I adjusted her to shoot JSB 18 grain @ 880 fps knowing that's where it's the most accurate (her sweet spot). This is an old shot group of one full mag (14 shots)@ 50 yards. She at this present time is now making 1/4 inch ctc grouping @ 50 yards. The gun is still new I have not fully broken her in yet (on time to do), so far only about 900 shot through her CZ barrel.

P1011007_zpscfb204a0.jpg

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dang.

you sir are an airgun connoisseur...

My gun has been fired roughly 1200 times. At least I have used a 1250 box of hollowpoints... lol

Do you hunt or just target shoot?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am an avid airgun guy also.... running on a xxx budget. It's more like a disease of addiction for me than a sport. Have been shooting and collecting for about 45 years now. I lost count in the amount of Airguns I have now. This is my latest it's a KalibrGun Cricket 22 cal Bullpup about $2400.00 as seen.

P1011025_zpsa04c31e3.jpg
My god man, you could have gotten a new one for that price! :sword:

·
Registered
165 Posts
The Career 707 (old model tack driver). This is the model of the only PCP gun I have Greg. Scope not shown. When I do my part she will kill asprins at 50 yards time after time. I used to have a lot of fun with friends on the range doing 25 yard stuff. We'd set up our targets side by side and get ready to do either 5 or 10 shots per round and the first 4 shots I'd shoot out the tacks holding up their target LOL. Mean I know.

career707.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
I only have one, true airgun, but its a classic, Sheridan Blue streak from the mid 70's.

I used it a lot in my younger years, nowaday's it mostly waits for a varmint that needs removing.

Quiet, controllable power, accurate enough to snipe blackbirds off power lines 40 yards away.

I have branched out recently into spring powered BB guns, 3 pistols, daisy powerline 201 is my favorite of the bunch.

The new guns are very interesting, but mostly out of my budget.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I only have one, true airgun, but its a classic, Sheridan Blue streak from the mid 70's.

I used it a lot in my younger years, nowaday's it mostly waits for a varmint that needs removing.

Quiet, controllable power, accurate enough to snipe blackbirds off power lines 40 yards away.

I have branched out recently into spring powered BB guns, 3 pistols, daisy powerline 201 is my favorite of the bunch.

Yeah I also have one of them but the Silver Streak in .22. I think the model is a 392?

·
Registered
68 Posts
My first air gun was a Benji 317 .177 cal on the bottom, manufactured in 1964 I think it was. Till today it didn't need any repairs and it still shoots ! I still haven't finish the custom stock on it.

PC170618_zpsd5c088d7.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Career 707 (old model tack driver). This is the model of the only PCP gun I have Greg. Scope not shown. When I do my part she will kill asprins at 50 yards time after time. I used to have a lot of fun with friends on the range doing 25 yard stuff. We'd set up our targets side by side and get ready to do either 5 or 10 shots per round and the first 4 shots I'd shoot out the tacks holding up their target LOL. Mean I know.
career707.jpg
In my experience over the years show me that you shouldn't point the gun in that direction ! You could very well take out not only one but both of your eye balls.

Nice PCP, heard some use to bag hogs with !

·
Registered
68 Posts

"Sheridan Blue Streak" ....... Yes, all very accurate Airguns ! 392, also .....

Pumpers are the most economical way in getting an Airgun that comes the most closest to having a PCP without the added cost.

·
Registered
165 Posts

"Sheridan Blue Streak" ....... Yes, all very accurate Airguns ! 392, also .....

Pumpers are the most economical way in getting an Airgun that comes the most closest to having a PCP without the added cost.
Ya I just wish they came with a decent trigger. I'm so used to the Record triggers in my Wierauch's that it is tough to go back to anything less now. They are a great hunting rifle cuz generally you are not going to be going through a whole lot of shots. An after noon outing might swallow 20 shots if ur in a squirrel middens or some such to get you that many shots. Thats still a lot of pumping.

My very first airgun was the Slavia in .177 that you can see in my photos if you click on the Career pic. I bought that little springer back in either 1968 or 1969 and shot hundreds of thousands of shots with it. A 500 shot can of pellets seldom lasted more than two or three days. We as kids would get blisters on our hands from cocking it so much LOL. I got wind that Eley Wasps were going out of production or the factory had been sold.....not sure which. But I bought 20,000 of them at that time and stocked up. Only have about 6,000 left now.

·
Registered
165 Posts
In my experience over the years show me that you shouldn't point the gun in that direction ! You could very well take out not only one but both of your eye balls.

You lost me here Greg, I have no idea what you meant or were you kidding me?

·
Registered
68 Posts

You lost me here Greg, I have no idea what you meant or were you kidding me?
Banana .......... of course ! LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts