Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.

I think I came up with a dart design for rifled barrels.

dual cone.

Also, finned projectiles... saboted.

Pics coming soon. I'll let them explain.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where are you getting rifled barrels?
take a paper disc, cut some notches in it.

pour some epoxy on it, and use a constant twist rate to coat the barrel in stripes, sorta like a candy cane. I saw the idea somewhere and used it on potato guns then tried it on a blowgun.

Don't use normal darts with this method. you will get a cruddy air seal and it won't do any good- it will actually reduce accuracy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So what happened here ?
I haven't been on in a while because I have finals(I'm a high schooler). I haven't been on much of anything as far as fun goes.

the sabots are cut from foam. I'm trying to make some out of "Great Stuff"- it is lighter than the foam I am using.

·
Registered
114 Posts
teach, that is similar but not the same as the method I use now- the only similarity is the epoxy-

I have used a twisted steel bar and a plate of steel for the thing. Not cord, and doweling, and all that stuff.

I started out with that method- but now I use a cutter and a similar setup to rifle the barrel.

looks a LOT like an air rifle barrel.

now I use 4 grooves- much simpler than 6- perpendicular can be achieved by simply turning the end plate 90 degrees and pushing it back down the barrel.

I will get pictures up eventually.

the sabots combined with rifling and fletchetts is original as far as I know- I haven't been able to find any info on it.

I never said the rifling was original. I just couldn't remember where I found it.

there is a better method for rifling- use a twisted 1/4 inch steel bar and a square hole in a steel plate.

much better twist.

the cutter can be made from high carbon tool steel by forging it into a slight V shape, punching a square hole in the center, and putting a 25 degree bevel on each end(one side only).

drill a small hole in the end of the steel bar and lock it on with a pin.

it gives MUCH better grooves plus it gives MUCH better twist, as well as being more precise.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm wanting to give you the benefit of the doubt but your credibility is rapidly turning into your lack of credibility with myself and others as well.

Your way of being contrary to every post that is made by people, always having to get the last word in with people and always splitting hairs told me right off that you were a young kid wanting to sound more intelligent and more experienced than you actually are. And knowing that you were young I cut you a lot of slack but I have no time for bullshitters. Prove us wrong with pics or please just say Adios.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts