Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They range from 20 - 23 cm long for 0.4 or 0.5 to 0.51 (Japanese) blowguns. Would need to be proportionately longer for 0.625 cal. Can be custom sized for non-standard internal diameter (carbon fiber, PVC, brass, iron, steel, glass, etc.) tubes.

The International Fukiyado Association (and affiliated national organizations) requires this knowledge for certified instructors (Sensei) in the sport.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have posted a few pictures in the gallery. PM me if you are interested.

For those who are in training to become a certified instructor, as in any martial art, you need to be trained by a certified instructor, who has reached at least the 6-dan level. There are a few in the US that I have certified.

You will need to pass a knowledge test (history of blowguns, history of the sport, nomenclature, and information about competitions, etc.), reach at least a 4 dan performance level, and hand make a fukiya style dart, which will be evaluated by the senior sensei (Dr. Higuchi for my students, or myself from the Sensei's I have certified) that their instructor was trained by (sort of a "grandfather" situation).

As the Shodai-soke of the International Fukiyado Association (IFA), I can also certify instructors for other national organizations just starting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts