Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I read this: http://blowgunforum.com/topic/82-something-i-have-fun-with-indoors/?hl=peashooters

So I ordered the BB peashooters: http://www.railriders.net/bb-peashooters.html

I also bought a bunch of 6mm softair bbs.

I get them on the mail yesterday. Me and the kids are having a blast. The diameter is perfect for the 6mm bbs and they shoot very nicely. On the Chrony I got 110 FPS consistently.

We have been using empty soda cans as targets. We filled them with different amounts of water so they make different sounds when hit! They are just plain fun! Of course on the website , they give a bunch of other suggestions for targets.

Ron at [email protected] runs the site. He is a veteran and a great guy to deal with. Shipping was fast and product came neatly packaged and undamaged. I actually 1 got one freebie of a larger diameter that I am using to shoot 8mm blaster pro ammo.

I would encourage you guys to check his site Comet Peashooters .For those of us who have kids, these peashooters are fun and a good way to get them going with blowguns. Also a fun excuse to spend time together! Plus you could take one of these to work and tease a few coworkers/friends.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bet one could drive a nice long pin through a bb to make an iddy biddy dart..Maybe a bad idea..but I'm full of em..I got the scars to prove it.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I have had my 6mm peashooters for a while now. I like using a 1 inch hole at 10 feet as a target. The hole is in the side of a tupperware oval shaped pitcher. I place some old bath sheets around it and on the floor so I can collect my misses.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have had my 6mm peashooters for a while now. I like using a 1 inch hole at 10 feet as a target. The hole is in the side of a tupperware oval shaped pitcher. I place some old bath sheets around it and on the floor so I can collect my misses.
This is a great idea! Me and the kids were not very happy when clean up time came earlier today. I will give that idea a try. I am thinking about using a milk jug cut on the front with a target suspended in the center. Just like a mini catchbox.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I did some testing but my results are not that great: I heated the end of several nails (from 3/4 to 1 1/2 inches in length, wire nails) and then stuck it to an air soft BB. They all flew nicely but 50% the time they will stick to the target (Styrofoam and blue board), the other 50% they actually bounced back to me (I got a couple on my shirt). I think they are flipping over and hitting the target with the BB side. I also tried a standard wire dart using the same process but it didn't work that well. I also tried using different size pins with similar results. I will try the Q-tip idea later or tomorrow (it's kind of late now).

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm telling you. Q-tip and a needle or toothpick CA'ed on the end or melt a shoe lace to hold it in place. Works wonders

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
We got into trouble at school when someone put a stick pin into a spitwad and shot it. I made some and forgot about them. When found again the paper had dried out and they flew pretty good. Our tube was a Bic pen with the guts removed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
hehe, just ordered one :D

I'm going to try making some Q-tip darts that can stick into my cork board in my room

·
Registered
494 Posts
I also ordered some Comet pea shooters from Ron recently. They do shoot fast for such a short barrel. The ammo is about $1.25/ib for the peas. I found them in the Middle Eastern section of a local multi ethnic grocery store. A must have for a blowgun enthusiast. They can be a little messy indoors. when the peas bounce all over

1 - 19 of 19 Posts