Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are interested in getting information about the sport, like paper darts, or just want to see other styles... google blowgun in Japanese

copy and paste: 吹き矢 Blowgun

or

吹き矢 ダーツ Blowgun dart

Here is an example of what I found with the second search... most are enjoyable to watch and japanese knowledge isnt a requirement

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd like to find that wooden forming tool he is using in the video. That paper is pretty cool, too.
Yeah I was on the quest today... no luck, but my wife is going to help me find a place where there is a japanese blowgun group... Maybe I can pick one of these up from them and some tips as well.

I have seen that video. That guy is super accurate with those things.
Yeah it takes some digging, but I seem to find more BG vids in japanese than english

LGD

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can also look up Fukiya ... which is the sport of blowgun in japan.
Yup... Sorry I guess I should have added that on my post... I provided the Japanese characters for fukiya. Which means blowgun...

By putting the Japanese characters in the search, you may pick up some vids that don't use English text.

Thanks Nat.

LGD

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd like to find that wooden forming tool he is using in the video. That paper is pretty cool, too.
Yeah I was on the quest today... no luck, but my wife is going to help me find a place where there is a japanese blowgun group... Maybe I can pick one of these up from them and some tips as well.
If you find a place that has them, or find someone that makes them, I would gladly buy one. The ones I'm making are ok, but it would be great to be able to make them all the same size.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
If you find a place that has them, or find someone that makes them, I would gladly buy one. The ones I'm making are ok, but it would be great to be able to make them all the same size.
You could make a template. I know a guy that sells aluminum ones for $20 shipped if interested.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
510 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
While searching around the Japanese YouTube channels, I came across this, I'd love one of these flutes :ph34r:

Aelf

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone have measurements of the tapers? I have a friend ready to make some if I can get the measurements. If they work he will take orders and he works cheap.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts