Blowguns Forum banner

Blowgun Youtube Vids Search In Japanese

11K views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  neondog 
#1 ·
If you are interested in getting information about the sport, like paper darts, or just want to see other styles... google blowgun in Japanese

copy and paste: 吹き矢 Blowgun

or

吹き矢 ダーツ Blowgun dart

Here is an example of what I found with the second search... most are enjoyable to watch and japanese knowledge isnt a requirement

#7 ·
I'd like to find that wooden forming tool he is using in the video. That paper is pretty cool, too.
Yeah I was on the quest today... no luck, but my wife is going to help me find a place where there is a japanese blowgun group... Maybe I can pick one of these up from them and some tips as well.

I have seen that video. That guy is super accurate with those things.
Yeah it takes some digging, but I seem to find more BG vids in japanese than english

LGD

#10 ·
I'd like to find that wooden forming tool he is using in the video. That paper is pretty cool, too.
Yeah I was on the quest today... no luck, but my wife is going to help me find a place where there is a japanese blowgun group... Maybe I can pick one of these up from them and some tips as well.
If you find a place that has them, or find someone that makes them, I would gladly buy one. The ones I'm making are ok, but it would be great to be able to make them all the same size.

#12 ·
If you find a place that has them, or find someone that makes them, I would gladly buy one. The ones I'm making are ok, but it would be great to be able to make them all the same size.
You could make a template. I know a guy that sells aluminum ones for $20 shipped if interested.

#14 ·
#15 ·
#21 ·
The first video is Dr. Hironori Higuchi demonstrating his technique for making filmcone darts. He is the co-founder of the International Fukiya Association. He has a sister in the U.S. who mails out requested items including wooden shapers from time to time. He is also trying to promote wire rings which when applied on top of targets eliminate line hits.

You can contact him here info@sportsfukiya.net His english is a little rough.

#24 ·
You mean like the wire rings used in throwing dart competitions?
Yup. They are made out of rings made with a triangular cross section so the odds of a dart bouncing off the wire are extremely slim. His reason for introducing them to the sport was a potential advantage for someone whose dart creates a larger hole in the target.

The Japanese Sport Fukiya Association (JSFA) has close to twenty thousand members now. They use paper style darts but they turn the nail in the tip around so that the head of the nail strikes the target. There is a good excuse for this. With several hundred people showing up for one competition, they are commonly held on basketball courts with targets set up back to back down the center of the court to allow for forty or fifty firing lanes.

This layout means people are effectively shooting in the direction of a long line of more people about sixty-five feet away and a paper cone will easily fly that far with just a little extra trajectory. The head first nail requires a softer backstop to ensure penetration and the conical shape of the darts opens a larger wound in this soft backstop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.