Blowguns Forum banner

Brit in Germany

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  neondog 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all!
Total noob to blowguns so Im looking forward learning....everything! Lol
All ive done so far is play with some 16mm pvc pipe and paper darts. Good fun but I need something better.
How do I go about choosing my first blowgun?
I like the look of Cold Steel but how do I choose length and bore?
Told you I was a noob! Hahaha
(Ps, glad im in Germany as blowguns are illegal in the UK, madness!)

#2 ·
Greeting KevSmith. I recently received an e-mail from one of your countrymen who is making a valiant effort to put an end to the insanity of the UK's blowgun laws. Judging by his inquiries, I believe he just might have a shot at succeeding. No telling how long such a thing will take though.

The best way to choose the proper length and bore is to experiment with inexpensive materials such as PVC. If the stuff you've been using has an inside diameter of about 16mm. then Cold Steel is likely your best bet. All of their tubes have an approximate 16mm. bore so you just need to decide if four foot is great and five feet is too much pipe for your available air volume or if you can man five plus two using one of their extensions. Longer tubes mean more power but more power at the expense of accuracy when trying to exceed your wind limit is not good. I would suggest using a medium weight dart when testing. Lightweight darts in a 16mm. bore can mislead you as the large cone quickly decelerates a lightweight (bamboo?) shaft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.