Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
i am new here and never had a blowgun, i am retired and want to try one of these blowguns, been looking for the cold steel package PN B6255P i have seen a few but most are out of stock and the places that have them in stock are near retail, did I miss where i may find them and more reasonable prices, and is this the right package to get started.

chet

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Chet I own 3 models from CS .625 they great including for minor hunting and pest control with the right dart.
This Blowgun will increase your lung capacity for sure! Hahaha! Are you based in USA?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in UK, very strict laws here for Our hobby, I can't practice outside and I limit my hunting to my lands in Spain and in my wife's lands in Poland. I took various critters, from rabbits to quail. Honestly stalking it's difficult unless you do birds or squirrels, for quail, pheasant, and rabbits I set a camouflage screen and wait.
For quail usually near drinking points and for pheasant by the edge of fields after previousbtracking to know their routes in the tall grass.
I hope u get some fun! Rats are much fun to shoot with mini broadheads. For pigeons and starlings I use bamboos. For quail and pheasants I use mini broads. The large broadheads for squirrels and walbbits. I managed to harvest a fox that was killing my chickens with the broadhead. Took several nights and patience.
You will go on a hunt and come back empty handed more often than with a full bag.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am still looking for the Cold Steel B6255P, most out of stock, is there anywhere reasonable and reasonable shipping, can't see paying 50 bucks shipped, maybe some 4th of July specials. if anyone knows of any deals on the model i am after please keep me posted.

chet

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good choice...the cs Pro is a wonderful pipe...for the beginner or long timer.
I greatly enjoy using mine. I use the 4 foot pro version.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi Plink

i did get the cold steel big bore little over a week ago, getting the hang of blowgunning, i did get an assortment of darts and making some of my own too, trying the get the most accurate dart, so far the CS broadhead, the CS bamboo skewer and a few of my homemeade one are pretty close, mabe after a few months i may come to a conclusion of which is best for target at around 30 to 40 feet

chet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts