Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
As Aaron said earlier, there are already national rules in place that we can use. I just haven't had time to figure them out.

And yes, I would love to compete in/run a competition.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I Think a shooting contest would be cool. Another plus would be someone put in the official rules in to plain english or even hill billy.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I think we may start out with a simple contest with simple rules. The tournament rules are better for when people are assembled. But we can certainly use them as a reference. Maybe we will start out with a qualifier like what LGD is doing on SSF.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
No, no limitations. But, we will probably have length compensation over a certain size. As an example, on a 10M range you can use up to a 4'. If you want to use a 5' you have to move 1' farther away from the target.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
I don't think for a 'qualifier' comp 1ft would make such a big difference.. I think we can save that for when we follow comp standards. If we were to have a limit in the qualifier I would say limit it to the length that is commonly out there, which seems to be 5'. I mean I don't think it would be fair if someone made a 10m blowgun :).

for the badges I imagine 8m, 10m would be good enough for badge worthyness, maybe 15m for the bigballs badge. 5m is too short if we are not basing BG length to comp standards..

This will leave it open for everyone to compete, even the ones that are not trying to make BG comp rankings.

This is just my opinion.. I feel the more we leave it open for every type of BGer the better, but still leave it worthy for the hardcore to want to jump in as well.

LGD

1 - 20 of 56 Posts