Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
how about adding a thin disk in the back, maybe made of tape, add a little pin lip at the end of the blowgun.. the disk would make the seal so you can blow the dart through the BG. as the dart exits the fins will clear the "pin lip" but catch the disk to remove from the dart?

a little convoluted,maybe, but it is a theory that might just work? or an idea to branch off from

LGD

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Well, its funny that you are talking about this, I am working on making "cones" for darts out of disposable foam earplugs.. I still have a few tests to make, but they seem to be working well, or at least have potential.

so it got me thinking, for your idea that is, why not rather than something detachable, just add a "pusher". maybe something like the earplugs or nerf foam?

load the fin dart then the "booster" then when you shoot, the booster pushes the dart but goes off path when it leaves the barrel?

LGD

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't see why you couldn't use a pusher. I would think that the pusher would very quickly slow down in comparison with the dart, once leaving the barrel, since it would have very poor aerodynamics. I would be surprised if it altered the trajectory of the dart at all.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I have seen thin rigid foam discs cut out to fit the blowgun used for this. You can actually find darts online using them instead of cones on the dart or more than one.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
You know, a forward weighted dart, like a throwing dart, might not need much in the way of fin/flight stabilization when shot at the speed that it would be out of a blowgun. I am going to have to look into how big the fins need to be before they have an affect on the trajectory...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts