Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
"Targetz", is where I have been printing off my free targets of late, and they do have a whack

of them available.

I'm enjoying shooting this one, as I like to shoot one dart, one kill, so to speak within the circle.

http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/10132.pdf

The traditional targets with a center bullseye I find to be "cone wreckers" as I end up

Robin Hooding a fair number.

What's your fav?

Turtle.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some good ideas here, thanks!

I have a question? What do you get, or are the advantages of shooting at an archery block over say stacked up cardboard?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Some good ideas here, thanks!

I have a question? What do you get, or are the advantages of shooting at an archery block over say stacked up cardboard?
I suspect that easier retrieval might be a factor. I put USBA targets on a large cereal box stuffed full of walmart bags until it bulges pretty good. Target darts go in two or three inches but pull out super easy. If the center starts to get soft I just pull all the bags out and give them a quick shuffle then stuff them back in. Biggest problem is the darts eating out a hole in the cardboard but this takes much longer than finding another box.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I have seen some foam targets. Will they last very long with target darts? I have been printing standard NRA pistol target pinned to a rolled paper dart board.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, just was wondering. I have to agree getting my skewers out of 2 layers of heavy cardboard isn't really easy retrieval, as a matter

of fact other than the discomfort of relying on prolonged lung power my fingers start to feel the plucking.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The foam ones won't though. I used to have one of those foam ones that had a plastic covering over it. I used it until the foam began to fall apart. I would go with one of the layered ones.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
The foam ones won't though. I used to have one of those foam ones that had a plastic covering over it. I used it until the foam began to fall apart. I would go with one of the layered ones.
Oh I know which ones you are talking about. Yea those ones are junk. I was thinking about the 3D archery targets. Those and wire darts you could shoot forever.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmmm, I'll have a look at them next time into a neighboring town. Bamboo and wire is all I'll ever really be shooting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts