Blowguns Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Bummer it didn't work out! Thanks though for going to the effort, it sure looked good at first. Actually, that first pic

you posted I thought why would this guy be shoving an orange over a piece of pvc? :)

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
One option is to use a PVC pipe that is longer, cut it half long ways before using it as a mold.

Prior to oven baking use a heat gun to make it easier to deform the PVC and pull out. It will also be a good starting process curing your orange :p

LGD

·
Registered
162 Posts
Beanflip, I really liked the way this looked at first with a bit of a hand grip and large opening to cushion against your face. If you want to try a mouthpiece that will give the same comfort without the handle section give one of these a try;

http://www.walkeasy....ProductCode=T14

At only $3.50 each they are very affordable and give a wonderful airtight seal annnnd are soft on the face.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm going to try this with gray Sculpey. It's very firm and holds shape well. I also bake it "low and slow" at 220 for like an hour and twenty minutes or so...gets rock hard and works real nice once cooled (sanding and drilling). Always let it cool in the oven too. Just turn the oven off and let your polymer clays cool as the oven cools...less chance of cracking later. Believe me, it's worth it.

I've made this cast of characters over the last 16 years and have had to fix lots of cracks from fast cooling. Sucks.

Attachments

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.