Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This X-mas my nine year old son got a toy 40 ca. blowgun. I shot it 2-3 times, and new that I had to get one for myself in a hurry... (othervise the son wouldent get to try his new pressent at all :) )

My friend google send me in here, and it took all of 5 sec. to realize that I had to get a Cold steel Big Bore model. I found a Danish dealer, and ordered a 5" right away.

The package arrived yesterday - what a monster, and what a delight to shoot compared to the toy model the son got. The power and precision are all I had ever dreamed of!

Can any of you guys point me towards some general rules regarding shooting distance - perhaps there are some set standards for competitions? (right now I am shooting from 7 meter dist. on a dart board)

Anyhow - looking forward to reading all the nice posts here in the forum, and hopefully picking up some pointers along the way.

Happy new year - and good Blowing to all of you

·
Registered
487 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Do not be discouraged. The forum is at a all time inactive period right now. I like to shoot all distances especially 33 feet to match the sling shot competition standards. Mix it up and keep it fun.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks treefork. I found the competition shooting section, and got all my Q's satisfied. This forum is a goldmine - inactive or not :)
Welcome to the forum. There is still a small handful of us that check in regularly and yes you are correct. There is a wealth of info on here from past posts. Lots to learn. Don't be bashful about posting your successes. We can all learn from them as well as your failures. But thats what makes it fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts