Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
New learning about blow guns
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, from Michigan.
I don't know how I ended up interested in blow guns. I was searching ebay for something total different and some how ended up running across blow gun. The more I looks I could hardly find any of them not made in China. After doing a little digging I decided to make my own. So I am going try PVC first. I got a pack of these china darts to see if I can make my own darts and play with my own gun design. I see a few ways to make duct tape darts I am going to give that a try.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually just got back from the hardware store with a 5' section of 1/2" conduit and a 1/2" PVC coupling for a mouthpiece (gonna turn a wooden one later on). The conduit was $3.98 and the coupler was $0.35. The coupler is really loose so you'd need a few turns of electrical tape or something, I'm probably gonna try waxed twine. And despite the 1/2" name of the conduit I measured the inside diameter with my calipers at .625, and a Cold Steel big bore dart fits nice and snug, you could even polish the bore if you wanted, I'm considering it.
Awesome I am heading to Home Depot this weekend. I will take a look at what they have.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually just got back from the hardware store with a 5' section of 1/2" conduit and a 1/2" PVC coupling for a mouthpiece (gonna turn a wooden one later on). The conduit was $3.98 and the coupler was $0.35. The coupler is really loose so you'd need a few turns of electrical tape or something, I'm probably gonna try waxed twine. And despite the 1/2" name of the conduit I measured the inside diameter with my calipers at .625, and a Cold Steel big bore dart fits nice and snug, you could even polish the bore if you wanted, I'm considering it.
I picked up some 1/2" conduit cut to 5ft and deburred the ends works great. Also going to try a rubber chair foot for a mouth piece. I am impressed with cold steel broad head dart it's pretty accurate. Here rabbit :)

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I picked up some 1/2" conduit cut to 5ft and deburred the ends works great. Also going to try a rubber chair foot for a mouth piece. I am impressed with cold steel broad head dart it's pretty accurate. Here rabbit :)
This what I have so far. 1/2 conduit, chair rubber foot(few wraps of electrical tape for a snug fit), paracord handle, Cold Steel board tip darts. Pretty damn actuator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.