Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you place your mouth like a trumpet? or do you mouth the pipe, like it seems the japanese do? Why do you prefer one over the other?

I am sorry if there is a thread here already, but at work, and limited on time :D

LGD

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HA. this is un freaking believable... of all the possibillities of another thread, it had to be one from you :D

but the thing is couldn't you do that with the mouth pieces that come with most commercial blowguns in the states, AND if you mouthed the pipe? That's my main curiousity

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to play woodwinds, so I "tongue" when I blow.

And i still have this weird picture in my head of people putting their mouth around the whole mouthpiece instead of the shaft. Lol.

-Restita

Sent via Tapatalk 2
Ha! I guess I should edit my post... Mouthing the BG without the mouth piece )

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you place your mouth like a trumpet with a mouth piece ? or do you mouth the pipe without the trumpet type mouth piece, like it seems the japanese do? Why do you prefer one over the other?

I am sorry if there is a thread here already, but at work, and limited on time :D

LGD

·
Registered
154 Posts
Some topics need to be read after the first cup of coffee first thing in the morning. I was about to holler at the wife "see honey other people" :-D O:) ;-)

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I tried the "tounging" method the other day and didn't see much benifit but after reading this I think I'll try again. I could definately use an increase in "blow pressure" :sword:

·
Registered
154 Posts
When we compile a blowgun terminology, tonguing can be called " Frenching" :lolu:
That is deffinitly better then saying I just poke my tung in the hole and blow. :phew: just so you all know some of us seem to have dirty minds. :sick: :stuff:

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
aaron....you just gave me a great idea!!!

60a22cf5-64b9-44a9-b751-dd2882f20097_300

:money: I wonder how this is going to work....
It would have to spin open really fast to work. I know on Mythbusters they stated in one episode that they had to find some specific valves for their air cannons, as normal valves didn't open fast enough.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts