Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I definitely get more power using the technique you described but I have a little more trouble with accuracy. Practice practice practice!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've noticed that my method takes more effort in keeping the blowgun stable, when you exhale you tend to "deflate" your body thus moving the BG

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Short hard puffs of air.
Yeah, I think that's going to be my style, too. I've tried the other way quite a bit and don't care for it. My primary interest with blowguns is target shooting and you don't need a million fps for that.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Short hard puffs of air.
Yeah, I think that's going to be my style, too. I've tried the other way quite a bit and don't care for it. My primary interest with blowguns is target shooting and you don't need a million fps for that.
That's true. If you are consistent with your FPS you can learn to control the arc of the dart.
I am noticing that to be my issue when trying to shoot farther away... every once in awhile I either get a real good thrust or piss poor... so I sometimes get risers and sinkers.... my lungs just plain suck, I believe.

LGD

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You know it's funny. I found today shooting for the comp that I generally aim in the same spot, but blow more or less depending on the distance. This probably comes from playing saxophone for 8 years.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice video and nice shooting Carbon, thanks!

I noticed just after you asked us to listen I think I heard a trumpet like sound that may have been air vibrating your lips as it escaped between one of your lips and the blowgun barrel at ~1:56

One advantage of a mouthpiece is to increase the seal between your lips and the blowgun as you shoot because the resulting pressure pushes your lips against the mouthpiece vs the tendency to push your lips away from the round barrel without a mouthpiece. Just an observation I made as I went from shooting with no mouthpiece to shooting with a mouthpiece.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^ good call, I noticed that too. I think it might have been because I was playing my trombone right before I shot the video :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts