Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about Lance Armstrong's cheating?
It's terrible what he did 330.00%
Everybody cheats, whats the big deal?110.00%
I don't care one way or the other660.00%

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I voted I don't care. Professionals of any sport are there to win and make money for them selves and their sponsors. If they need to dope to do that it will happen. They knowingly dope. They should know what it is doing to their bodies. These doping organizations are there for amateurs not pros and should keep themselves out of pro sports of any kind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would have preferred that Lance had done it without drugs, but what he did doesn't bother me. He wasn't getting paid to lose. He figured out a way to extract maximum performance from his body and did it. They can take his name off of the books, but he still chalked up seven Tour wins, and it takes a heck of a lot more to perform at that level than the drugs.

All of the self-righteous commentators make me want to puke. All of the "Lance needs to do testify under oath if he wants to get back in our good graces" from a bunch of self-righteous taking heads who make their living off of tearing other people down has earned nothing but contempt from me. And punishment? The dude already has a lifetime ban from sanctioned events, is being ridiculed in the national and international media, and will forever be disgraced. That seems enough punishment to me.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I would have preferred that Lance had done it without drugs, but what he did doesn't bother me. He wasn't getting paid to lose. He figured out a way to extract maximum performance from his body and did it. They can take his name off of the books, but he still chalked up seven Tour wins, and it takes a heck of a lot more to perform at that level than the drugs.

All of the self-righteous commentators make me want to puke. All of the "Lance needs to do testify under oath if he wants to get back in our good graces" from a bunch of self-righteous taking heads who make their living off of tearing other people down has earned nothing but contempt from me. And punishment? The dude already has a lifetime ban from sanctioned events, is being ridiculed in the national and international media, and will forever be disgraced. That seems enough punishment to me.
times two

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Here is my take on it. Yes he lied. Yes he is a liar. However, in 2005 when he won they determined that the top 22 were doping. So that means if you were competitive, and wanted any chance of winning ... you had no choice.

Plus the dude has raised half a BILLION dollars for cancer research ... which in my mind is awesome regardless of how it happened.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My thought is Really!!!! They did not catch or say anything for any of the pre race tests and qualifications. so why even worry about it. Every body at that level is trying to train to the max and achieve the maximum there body can achieve. There is always a risk. I know of ways Olympic athletes train that was illegal 20 yeas ago but now they can not even test for HGH because you can naturally achieve close to the same results. So in short I do not care he still had to work for it and will still pay the personal risk and cost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts