Blowguns Forum banner

Mouth Piece Safety

8K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Will Edwards 
#1 ·
I was wondering what others are doing for safety on their home made blowgun mouth pieces. How are you making it The manufactured ones all have the inhalation protection built in to the molding process. Or should I also ask are you using a safety at all? On my electrical conduit ones I rely on the burr formed when cut with a tubing cutter. The problem is the burr is a little rough on the finger.

#9 ·
I would speculate neither of you have children, or have taught them blowgunning. Both my six and three year old sons shoot soft tip .40 darts at a soft tip dart board and anti inhake is a handy feature that makes it both safe and fun
I have 2 young kids (6 & 8) and they shoot the same set up you are talking about. You do have a good point. I thought we were referring to full size adults. Sorry!

#15 ·
Another option would be anti-inhale darts. Anybody that swallows a twelve inch skewer ... um..

I personally believe it's better to teach newbies how to load and fire without the "safety device."

My wife's first blowgun was a standard forty caliber with commercial mouthpiece. I had heard a sort of "toook" sound just before she shot and didn't think much about it until she complained that one of her darts wasn't flying straight. I looked and half of it's lip was folded forward from hitting the ring. She was loading incorrectly and then sucking the darts back to the mouthpiece. A little harder and she might have broken a tooth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.