Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
I received my blowgun in the mail yesterday, and wanted to get a few rounds in before I made my vid.. ( I am not comfortable yet to do one of my " virgin vids " with the blowgun). I first tried using the common suggestion for aiming, both eyes open, ghost barrel and stuff, and I failed. Reason being , though I have good vision, one eye is considerably more dominant than the other.. To the point were one eye tends to want to close during normal everyday activities.

My second attempt was more "successful" I used one eye and adjusted where I had to aim to hit my target.. Sort of like Kentucky windage. SO,,, IF you are working on your aiming and have trouble getting it down.. Just pick a spot to aim at, see where it hits, and there is your reference... Of cours you have to be steady to get a true reference.

Here is an image of my second attempt. I "robin hooded" one sort of.. Based off my memory of the movie, I believe a true RH this would occur in the bull intentionally :)

Lgd

@20ft

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would love to see a great video review on the CT I am thinking about ordering one to put it head to head with the cold steel pro.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I would love to see a great video review on the CT I am thinking about ordering one to put it head to head with the cold steel pro.
Cold Steel wins in the damage category but for a lot of folks the CT has a definite edge in precision. The CT isn't necessarily a higher quality tube than the CS Pro, it;s just easier to handle.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Looks like good shooting to me too. And I have heard of people closing an eye while shooting a blowgun and being very accurate that way.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Nice group, darts, and target! I was killing my duct tape cones doing that so went to a different type of target the 4 rings on one sheet.

Comes in two or three inch circles which is pretty much good enough for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The plastic cones that come with the forty and fifty caliber target darts can easily take a dozen hits with no noticeable loss in performance. Just trim the strings and bumps off the outside.
yeah, i always wondered why cold steel didn't use that design

1 - 11 of 11 Posts