Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there a special duct tape I'm looking for? I've been hearing you want the 'thin' stuff not thick? I didn't realize

there were different thicknesses? Or are we talking dollar store grade as opposed to hardeware store?

·
Registered
182 Posts
duck brand duct tape is thin while IPG for example is pretty thick. Thin tape works better because it bends easier inside the pipe meaning it will seal better....its also lighter

·
Registered
182 Posts
not all name brand is thin!!!! be aware of that....gorilla tape for example, is extremely thick and will most like not even come out of the tube with a strong blow......I would just stick with duck brand...its probably the thinnest that I've worked with so far

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds good Superman, thanks I'll try and source some.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello everyone - I have some nice expanding broadhead darts and misc. Pics on my album. Most are blowgun related with some air gun stuff mixed in. ( Ignore the duplicate photos, I cant delete them ) All my darts,sabots and guns are handcrafted. http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p536/dajoro9900/
There is some awesome stuff there !!! I would definately be interested in some details on the 760 modification as air guns are yet another of my interests :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
@jtilley- that 760 has a .25" auto brake line barrel with a brass sleeve , a reinforced /resized bolt ( more brass ) . Modified trigger pull , modified main valve , and also added a breech to bolt inset seal ( had none and the bolt wobbled in the breech before) and added a tube magazine. The steel balls are Crossman s.s. Ammo, product #3100 , they weigh 1 full gram apiece! That's as much detail as Im comfortable giving, I think. ITS NOT A TOY! He he he, its a .25 cal. Boom-stick.

·
Registered
41 Posts
@jtilley- that 760 has a .25" auto brake line barrel with a brass sleeve , a reinforced /resized bolt ( more brass ) . Modified trigger pull , modified main valve , and also added a breech to bolt inset seal ( had none and the bolt wobbled in the breech before) and added a tube magazine. The steel balls are Crossman s.s. Ammo, product #3100 , they weigh 1 full gram apiece! That's as much detail as Im comfortable giving, I think. ITS NOT A TOY! He he he, its a .25 cal. Boom-stick.
You got my brain a spinning, could you give me an idea on the velocity???

·
Registered
9 Posts
At 25' and only 7 pumps , it punches clean through 3 fat magazines, exactly where I aim. Bb's don't have the mass for that penetration, or pellets, from the standard 706.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts