Blowguns Forum banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks Aaron, I sure find this to be a fun hobby, really enjoy target shooting, and the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i use them for semi wild chickens and rails.. very effective darts but damn difficult to make. if accidentally the blades are not aligned properly the darts tend to veer off course. my darts and blowgun are all home made. will post my gear soon. waiting for a new cam and a card reader. thanx guys.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Michel,

Can you tell us a little bit about those darts your making? What are you using for parts etc? Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The tips made of brass

when i have a engine lathe i use it

fqt7-3p.jpg

fqt7-3m.jpg

with an electric driller and sanding paper

fqt7-3f.jpg

i grind them down to the right weight

fqt7-3e.jpg

If you haven´t the engine lathe the whole time, you can made your own tools for do it at home

Michel

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Those are great looking! They look perfect!

The one thing I've found so far with my colored tape, vs. traditional duct tape, is the colored stuff I have seems to

be made of a different weave and doesn't make as nice and round a cone as the silver stuff. Anyone else had

similar issues?

·
Registered
10 Posts
well, duct tape comes in many brands. there is some exellent stuff on the grey roll in the hardware store. the colored stuff that is more for artwork is alot less useful, the cones can collapse and warp easily.

·
Registered
68 Posts
For long range shooting 75-100 feet. Balance at about 1/3 rd darts can be used like throwing darts. Very accurate and powerful going right through 3/8 " plywood at 30 feet the cone and all. Head size make way for the cone to collapse and pass through without any damage.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts