Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching Master Treefork's card cut video and something jumped out at me: TF stands full-front to the target. I stand sideways to the target like I do when shooting slingshot. It occurred to me that this is probably not that conducive to getting a good breath out.
Which way (or what other way) do you stand when shooting?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I stand like that dude your talking about. As a matter of fact identical lol

My stance just comes natural. Just seems best so I can exhale efficiently without moving much and a balance view with both eyes.

Good topic. I like discussions on shooting form and techniques

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just went out and tried standing the way you do and it seemed to make a noticeable difference in speed. It definitely made aiming easier, and it's pretty easy to begin with!

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
When i first started shooting I also had a similar stance to when i shoot a slingshot. But then I noticed standing straight gives me more power and more stability.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
No we used a 40 cal blowgun with wire and bead darts. Tore up a very nice No-Dor board. Learned to use cheap paper boards after that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I hunt and fish with y blowgun, so a particular stance is not always possible. Sometimes I may be kneeling, sometimes laying down behind a fallen tree, sometimes up in a tree, or even in my kayak.

If you are going to hunt, you need to learn to shoot from all kinds of positions. Remember, power is not as important as shot placement.

·
Registered
53 Posts
When I hunt, I shoot from trees, prone, on my knees, from my kayak, from behind rocks, trees and tall grass, etc..... You just have to use whatever stance you can to make the shot.

·
Registered
85 Posts
See the gallery, Tech Tips, for the possible stances, balance and mouthpiece hand grips recommended by Dr. Hironori Higuchi (Soke, International Fukiyado Association). usually, whatver "feels" natural, is the best way to go. However, try all the combinations illustrated. For some people, when they learn the diffrences, it improves thier accuracy. Accuracy is the name of the game.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts