Blowguns Forum banner

Stance

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  craftsman 
#1 ·
I was watching Master Treefork's card cut video and something jumped out at me: TF stands full-front to the target. I stand sideways to the target like I do when shooting slingshot. It occurred to me that this is probably not that conducive to getting a good breath out.
Which way (or what other way) do you stand when shooting?

#2 ·
I stand like that dude your talking about. As a matter of fact identical lol

My stance just comes natural. Just seems best so I can exhale efficiently without moving much and a balance view with both eyes.

Good topic. I like discussions on shooting form and techniques

#11 ·
I hunt and fish with y blowgun, so a particular stance is not always possible. Sometimes I may be kneeling, sometimes laying down behind a fallen tree, sometimes up in a tree, or even in my kayak.

If you are going to hunt, you need to learn to shoot from all kinds of positions. Remember, power is not as important as shot placement.

#13 ·
See the gallery, Tech Tips, for the possible stances, balance and mouthpiece hand grips recommended by Dr. Hironori Higuchi (Soke, International Fukiyado Association). usually, whatver "feels" natural, is the best way to go. However, try all the combinations illustrated. For some people, when they learn the diffrences, it improves thier accuracy. Accuracy is the name of the game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.