Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting for someone with the various calibers of the blowguns to do a video or post data of various calibers being shot. I understand when we shoot, it is hard to be consistent in our breaths. still wondering if 'BIGGER IS BETTER' when it comes to blowguns.

If someone could, test 5' in each of the 3 calibers or more. That would be appreciated. Muzzle velocity and down range hitting force. Both using a similar weight or the same darts with different cones.

.625 5'

.50 5'

.40 5'

Anyone know what the traditional blow guns diameter bores are/ were? I couldn't find much info on them,

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can test velovelocity using. Pendulum and a mathmatic formula I haven't tried that yet but have the information in one of my books
I might do this because the comparison is iinterestin
I have three carbon fiber 6 blow guns all three have bamboo skewers darts
I'll see what I can do

·
Registered
208 Posts
There is a guy in France who is just a couple steps shy of a rocket scientist/engineer who has done a lot of tests with chrono and pressures graphed during shot and fired from a machine that, long damn sentence on a slippery phone! I'm gonna post and finish in a follow up. Same BG time, same BG station

·
Registered
208 Posts
This machine replicates the human lungs so accutately that I always have to read the image description to see if it was indeed, his mackine or a buddy firing one of his more portable toys.
He goes by the name Pime on the French blowgun site fssa.fr (France Sarbacne Sportive Asso.)
Nope, I dont speak French, I use Google translate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts