Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few pics (assuming I get them uploaded properly) of the set of trocar darts for Drfrancov.

They're fitted with Cold Steel cones to fit his blowgun.

Wood Rectangle Varnish Tableware Wood stain

Here's a closeup of the steel tips...

Wood Tool Pencil Hardwood Office supplies

The money is for size reference and to remind me if I'm every totally destitute that I once had some... :p

Banknote Wood Money Money handling Signature

Terminal ballistics: a quarter-inch hole through both sides of a tin can is definitely doable...

Liquid Fluid Paint Cylinder Gas

I'll get these in the mail later this week as well as the steel ball ammo and sabots to Bigfoot and Treefork.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Orcrender, they're .625 caliber with cones borrowed from Cold Steel stun darts.

Nightknight, they fly just fine without modifying the CS cones. I think the length of the darts tends to make them more stable, and the weight of the trocar tip itself, which is about 1.3 grams, shifts the balance forward, which also helps stability. The total dart weight is about 5 grams.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Wow! I know the Trocar points are all the rage in Bass fishing hooks because of maximum sharpness and penetration.Now a blowgun dart! Nice.

·
Registered
38 Posts
looks like you do the same i buy the stunners toss the blak part and keep the cones and if the shaft is thinner i use r.c. car fuel line to shim it centered

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes they are, but as parts of an archery broadhead. This is the link to a site with them.
Ah yes, these don't look like much more than a standard bullet style arrow tip. I think it would be pretty easy to grind off three sides to bring them to a point like these. I think in the childrens arrow sizes these tips are available down to probably 40 grains or so. Can anyone confirm?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts