Blowguns Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Anyone have any pics with the magnets in place?
On the other forum Pgandy posted this pic of his two piece. The red dots on the handle portion of the mouthpiece are actually holes that were drilled into the handle section - magnets placed into the holes then glued in place and the holes filled in. Or at least something close to that process. You can easily see where the red holes are in the photo.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa443/pgandy10/Blowpipe_zps32c33f9a.jpg

I really like the way Pgandy has this set up.

First thing I usually do with a new commercial BG is to replace the mouthpiece with a modified crutch tip.

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

These BG's in the photos are home built from copper pipe not commercially made. But the mouthpieces are the same as I have on every blowgun I own. (x6 now). If you want, I can provide more info on how they are modified. GKU also just recently modified his own BG using a crutch tip like these and so far he really likes it as it is soft on the face and provides an airtight seal. Best of luck.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The BG I had many years ago had a Teflon coating on the inside. I can not remember what brand it was but It would hall tail and packed a heck of a punch. I do not remember caliber it was 20 years ago. I was wondering if a thick oil would work well and help with any tolerance imperfections.
Personally I'd never put oil of any sort down the bore of my BG. It would act as a huge dirt collector. Plus even if it was cleaned and there was still a surface coating in the bore, the surface tension of the oil would server to slow down the dart. A perfectly dry bore would be far more affective and not collect dirt when not in use if the BG was hung vertically.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.